How You Can Help - Volunteering
*Anyone age 14 and younger, must be accompanied by an adult.*
Volunteers are an essential part of the Mini-Blessings team. Without their support, we would not be able to continue providing and expanding our services to the Chaffee County community.
Tasks that volunteers can assist with include:
1. Horse care: grooming, exercising, feeding, poop scooping, filling hay bags, training
2. Mini handling: come along with the minis on visits to schools, medical facilities, private homes, speaking engagements, and community events.
- Mowing, clean up, fence repair
- Help with maintenance of sensory garden and sensory trail
- Help with maintenance and expansion of agility course
1. Graphic design: keeping website, social media, brochures up to date
2. Advertising: public outreach to organizations and individuals that would benefit from our service
3. Fundraising: we need help in organizing as well as participating in fundraising activities
4. Photographer: taking pictures of the minis at the farm and at other events
5. Program Manager: helping with design of programs, working with the school and other program participants, and obtaining volunteers to assist with the actual program
6. Grant writing
Horses change lives. They give our young people confidence and self-esteem. They provide peace and tranquility to troubled souls. They give us hope.